The Scott House represents the history of Ridgefield as being a destination for immigrants coming to the United States from Western Europe. An Irish immigrant David Scott originally built this post and beam saltbox dwelling in 1712 and his descendants had ownership over the house until 1852. Then, the house went through several generations of different owners, all of whom were prominent citizens and significant players in Ridgefield’s history. In 1999, the house was dismantled and moved to its current location on Sunset Lane. Today, it serves as the headquarters for the Ridgefield Historical Society.