The Ridgebury Congregational Church was an important center for community life in the village of Ridgebury for generations. The present day building was constructed in 1851 using materials from the village’s old church. The structure had a small wooden frame and was built in the Greek Revival style. Its most notable feature is a square tower, which rises above the entrance and is topped with a parapet and pinnacles. Today, the church is a member of the United Church of Christ and is opened to all for worship.