- Address: Junction of Portland Avenue and West Branchville Road
The Branchville Railroad Tenement is an elongated, three-story wood structure with a full-length Victorian verandah. It was built in three principal stages between 1853 and 1905 and the function of the tenement changed with each new addition. During the 1850s, it was used as a storage depot and then it was made to be housing for workers who come to Ridgefield to construct the Danbury-Norwalk Railroad. Then, in the 1880s, the tenement was enlarged and redecorated to attract railroad travelers. By the 1900s, the tenement was turned into a three-family house with stores on the basement level.