Bedlam 2019-Opening Reception
17aug4:00 pm6:00 pmBedlam 2019-Opening ReceptionRidgefield Guild of Artists
Please join us for our 8th annual Bedlam show, where you, the artist, hang your own work in any spot in the gallery at any height you desire. This technique of
Please join us for our 8th annual Bedlam show, where you, the artist, hang your own work in any spot in the gallery at any height you desire. This technique of hanging is meant to create BEDLAM…a fun and different way of showing your work, enticing conversation.
Entry Fee: $10 per piece for as many as you want to enter.
Easy Breezy instructions: Come to the RGA receiving with your art on Friday, August 16 or Saturday, August 17, from 12 – 4. Fill out an entry form and a wall tag for each piece, grab a hammer and nail, and hang your art on the wall. That’s where the bedlam begins! No equipment is necessary – the Guild has lots of tools and stepladders.
- Any size work accepted…large, small and anything in between, including diptychs and triptychs. Note: any size means anything that will fit on any one wall in our gallery, if you have questions about whether it will fit, please call before transporting. Also note: hanging is first come, first serve. Wall space may be shared regardless of size.
- Submit as many pieces as you want under 60” in any direction. Over 60” in any direction, the limit is one piece.
- Works must be wired and ready to hang in a secure, professional manner.
- The show is open to RGA members 16 years of age and older. Memberships may be renewed during receiving.
- New members will be accepted at receiving and will be eligible to enter the show. Membership is $55 and $30 for seniors and students per year. See rgoa.org membership page for all membership details.
- All artwork must be for sale. Standard 40% commission to RGA applies.
- Sculpture/3 Dimensional art is welcome. Bring your piece ready to be installed or placed, and please bring your own pedestal, if possible. Sculpture should be secure on its base for safety reasons.
- All work must stay in the galleries for the entire run of the show. No exceptions.
Receiving & Hanging: Friday, August 16 and Saturday, August 17 from 12 – 4
Opening Reception: Saturday, August 17 from 4 – 6
Bedlam closes: Sunday, September 1 at 4
Pick up work: Sunday, September 1 from 4-4:30 and Tuesday, September 3 from 4-6pm
There will be a late charge of $20 for any works not picked up by these dates. No exceptions.
Sales and Indemnity:
The Guild retains a 40% commission fee on all sales. The Guild will take the greatest possible care of all submitted works but will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of work exhibited or left unclaimed.
PLEASE BRING AN APPETIZER TO SHARE AT THE OPENING!
(Saturday) 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Ridgefield Guild of Artists
34 Halpin Lane, Ridgefield CT 06877
Ridgefield Guild of Artists
Get the Latest!
Sign up to stay posted on the
latest events and happenings