Career Planning Again? Self-Discovery in Midlife
The Ridgefield Library continues its series of free May workshops for job seekers with a class on May 24th for “Midlifers’ looking to make a career change. Join us! To
The Ridgefield Library continues its series of free May workshops for job seekers with a class on May 24th for “Midlifers’ looking to make a career change. Join us! To see the full May calendar of related workshops, click here.
In Person: Career Planning Again? Self-Discovery in Midlife
Wednesday, May 24 @ 6:30 – 7:30 PM
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the average person will change careers 5-7 times during their lifetime. Join this hour-long workshop, specifically designed for “midlifers,” to overcome any self-doubt and recognize that midlife is the perfect time to begin a new journey with wisdom and experience on our side! We will…
· Take quick assessments and/or personal inventory to review our career interests, values, and skills;
· Apply skills and transferable skills to various jobs or job families;
· Research careers (income, work environment, needed education/training);
· Learn about today’s fastest growing occupations (Bright Outlook);
· Compare company profiles and work conditions;
· Discuss next steps!
Please bring your smart phone if you would like to take some of the assessments mentioned in this program.
This program is funded by the Ridgefield Thrift Shop
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
472 Main Street, Ridgefield CT 06877
Get the Latest!
Sign up to stay posted on the
latest events and happenings