Art in the Park Contest
01sepAll DayArt in the Park ContestSubmission Deadline: September 1stWeir Farm National Historic Site and Art Center
Weir Farm National Historical Park’s Annual Art in the Park Contest and Exhibit are going virtual! Join us in celebrating creativity at Weir Farm by participating and submitting a work of art.
Weir Farm National Historical Park’s Annual Art in the Park Contest and Exhibit are going virtual!
Join us in celebrating creativity at Weir Farm by participating and submitting a work of art. All artists, from beginner to professional, are encouraged to take part in this contest by submitting an image of a piece of artwork inspired by or made at the park. Any original work created at or inspired by Weir Farm in any visual art medium may be entered into the contest. This includes paintings, drawings, pastels, fabrics, sculpture, photographs, mixed media, and more! Submissions will be accepted online through September 1, 2021. Once entered, artwork will become part of a virtual exhibit that is focused on showcasing artistic inspiration and creativity at Weir Farm, launching on our website on October 1, 2021. Become part of our long lasting artistic tradition by sharing your artwork with us today!
To view last year’s Art in the Park Contest Exhibit and winners: Click here!
Virtual Art in the Park Contest Rules:
- Participants enter by emailing an image of their artwork to [email protected] and filling out this form to provide information about their art and permission to use the image on the park website. Teachers and group leaders can skip this form and email their group submissions.
- All artwork must be submitted by end of day Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- Only digital submissions will be accepted, no in person submissions.
- One submission per person.
- Any original work created at or inspired by Weir Farm in any visual art medium may be entered into the contest. This includes paintings, drawings, pastels, photographs, fabrics, sculpture, mixed media. Works depicting other locations (ie Block Island, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged on the use of color, quality of work, originality, creativity, and how well the work represents Weir Farm.
- Contest categories include Junior Artist, Teen Artist, Adult Artist, and Advanced Artist for the public, and a NPS Staff, Partner and Volunteer category. This year we are also adding a special category for Photography.
- The winner of the Advanced Artist category will receive the Weir Masterpiece Award.
- All works will be included in a virtual exhibit on Weir Farm’s website at www.nps.gov/wefa, that will go live on October 1, 2021.
- By entering the contest, the artist gives permission for the park to use images of the work on the park’s website, social media, and print media. Advanced/Professional artists may request crediting or limitations on use.
Any questions about the contest? Email [email protected].
All Day (Wednesday)
Weir Farm National Historic Site and Art Center
735 Nod Hill Road, Wilton CT 06897
Get the Latest!
Sign up to stay posted on the
latest events and happenings